When you need to relieve your stress, depression or anxiety, you should turn to specially prescribed medications that promise awesome effects. Xanax (generic name – Alprazolam) is just one of them, yet it is known for its great efficacy. What’s the most effective way to take Xanax?
Though different users can suggest different options, and important thing to keep in mind is that it’s better to administer the medication according to the doctor’s prescription, and most doctors suggest taking it orally. We insist on forgetting using the drug recreationally as provided adverse body reactions will be really life-threatening.
What Are Xanax Bars and How to Take Them?
Xanax bars are one of medication forms that are used for different purposes and treat anxiety disorders, panic attacks and depression. A bar can be divided into several parts, if you need to take the dose that is really low. Today there are various types of such bars that are available in different colors:
- Blue: the dosage of blue Xanax is 1 mg. The tablets can be either oval or elliptical in shape. They have scores on them, which means that they can be broken in parts when needed;
- Green: green bars are of 2 mg doses. Taking such bars is the best way to get high off Xanax;
- Yellow: this type of Alprazolam consists of a yellow bar with 039 inscribed on it. The inscription shows that it is the generic drug form available in the dose of 2 mg;
- White: they have four pieces and their dosage is 2 mg. A bar can be easily split, when lower Xanax doses are needed;
- Pink: they are available in 0.5 mg doses and are used by males and females with panic attacks and anxiety disorders;
- Peach: these pills are oval. They have an inscription on – 257. A single 0.5 mg pill can also be orange.
Perhaps, one of the benefits of these pills is the fact that they are scored, thus can be quite easily broken into parts. Whatever dose is administered, the intake should be very strictly monitored by a healthcare provider to ensure only positive effects and no drawbacks.
Best Way to Take Xanax of Liquid Form
Now you know the best way to take Xanax bars and should also be aware of Xanax liquid form and its administration. It is true that most users don’t know a thing about Xanax liquid form. Why? This form is rarely prescribed by doctors, thus it is rarely available. There’s a clear reason why liquid Alprazolam isn’t often chosen: this medication type should be taken in a way that differs from pills administration, though results are always the same. Besides, overdosing with the liquid form is easier.
The substance comes in a small bottle. A single milliliter of the medication accounts for 2 mg of regular Xanax. In order to administer this drug type, one may require oral syringes.
How to Take Xanax?
No matter what Xanax form or type you were prescribed, you will surely want to take it correctly to avoid side effects and enjoy the benefits. A healthcare provider usually tells the ways to take Xanax and everything you need to know about the consumption. All you need to do is to follow guidelines.
We will remind you of a few important things:
- Oral pills are taken with or without foods up to 3 times daily;
- Liquid Alprazolam is added to juice, water or sauce right before the dose intake is due;
- The lowest effective dose prescribed is 0.25 mg;
- The high feeling and euphoria can occur even after 2 mg pills;
- Never consume the medication with alcohol or grapefruit;
- Don’t combine the medication with other drugs, especially opioids. If there are other potent remedies that you administer, please tell your doctor about them to have Xanax doses adjusted in a way to escape health complications;
- Never take two doses at once. If you have forgotten to take a pill, skip it and wait till the time for a new dose comes.
Address your healthcare provider for more questions, if any. Keep in mind that Xanax does much good, yet can be harmful, if simple recommendations are neglected.
Abusing Xanax (Alprazolam)
Do you know that Alprazolam is in the list of the most abused medications? In fact, it takes the 2nd place in the list. Abusers choose chewing, snorting, injecting and smoking the crushed pills, thus increasing their chances of experiencing really serious side effects and making the withdrawal process even more troublesome.
The abuse of Xanax has many side effects. Some people suffer from them immediately, while others face the first complications only after a really prolonged use. Speaking of the most common adverse reactions, these are:
- Nausea and/or vomiting;
- Seizures and convulsions;
- Auditory and visual hallucinations;
- Depression and suicidal thoughts;
- Impaired movements;
- Coordination problems;
- Vision issues.
Choose your own best way to take Xanax for therapeutic purposes. Following recommendations and prescription will allow you enjoy the benefits and forget about adverse reactions. Note that Xanax is a double-nature medication: it can be really helpful, yet also may cause dangers that are life-threatening.