Most Xanax users believe that it is available in form of tablets only. Yet, there’s also liquid Xanax that is rarely prescribed. The medication is available in a small bottle. One milliliter of the remedy is equal to 2 mg of Alprazolam pills. Thought the form of the medication and manner of its administration is different, the results are the same.
What Does Liquid Xanax Treat?
As well as the oral form, the liquid one is a benzodiazepine designed for general anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and insomnia or depression treatment. Over the past years the medication has become known as an effective remedy for alcohol withdrawal treatment, too.
Xanax liquid is most commonly recommended to people, who suffer from GAD on a regular basis. Generalized anxiety disorder is triggered by excessive anxiety experienced by a person and constant worries for around 6 months. The medication treats both the condition in general and the symptoms that go hand in hand with it:
- Feeling tired;
- Low energy;
- Sleep disturbances;
- Muscle ache or tension.
The medication is also approved for the cases of panic disorders, especially when he disorders are repeated and unexpected, triggered by depression or intense fear. Such cases never occur by themselves. They are accompanied by physical symptoms, too. The most common ones are sweating and dizziness, chest pain or shortness of breath, nausea and heart palpations.
The liquid form has already proven its efficacy in many users. However, one should be cautions when choosing it. Its administration requires additional knowledge, if you want to get the best results and suffer from no complications.
General and Precise Instructions on Liquid Alprazolam Administration
Let’s start with some general tips. A health care provider will surely recommend you to mix the liquid dosage into a pudding, beverage or applesauce. The two substances mustn’t be combined until a patient is ready to administer Alprazolam. The liquid form provides effects faster than pills. It must be stored in a refrigerator as only low temperatures can help keep the medication’s integrity and preserve all the benefits.
Note that you should measure the substance with a special cup or spoon (dose-measuring). A regular table spoon isn’t appropriate for this case. In case there’s no special spoon at hand, contact your healthcare provider and ask for it.
Now let’s get into precise instructions on how Alprazolam liquid should be administered. All instructions are usually provided by a doctor. Most of them are written on the medicine label. If for some reason you don’t have any proper recommendations, read and follow ours:
- You are allowed to take the solution without food or with it. Some patients may suffer from stomach upset after consumption, and that is why they are suggested to take the remedy with food only to avoid possible stomach irritation;
- Take a special measuring spoon to measure the medication amount prescribed. If you don’t know how to measure properly, ask your pharmacist for help;
- The measured dose of Xanax liquid must be added into a drink. Plain water, soda or juice will do. The dose can also be mixed with semisolid food (pudding or applesauce). After adding you should stir the drink or food for 3-4 seconds and then drink/eat it. It is forbidden to store the made solution for future use, because the remedy loses its properties;
- In case the medication is administered on a regular basis, it is not allowed to cut down the intake all of a sudden. This adds to severe side effects. In case you need to refuse from Alprazolam solution, lower the dose gradually;
- Don’t drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit, if you are on Xanax solution;
- When prescribed for a therapeutic effect, the medication must be administered regularly. If the dose is missed, take it as soon as you remember of it to get back to a regular schedule. It is forbidden to consume two doses at once.
Note that liquid doses are usually prescribed to those, who find it hard to swallow tablets.
Side Effects of Alprazolam Liquid
The adverse reactions after Xanax administration are diverse. Some are common, others are rare. Their severity depends on the dosage and treatment duration. Most common negative reactions are the feelings of fatigue, drowsiness, lightheadedness and dizziness. Patients may suffer from decreased ability to concentrate and impaired coordination. Most of effects improve within the first week of administration, when tolerance develops.
As to the rare conditions, these are irritability, headache, restlessness, memory problems and increased heart rate. Today specialists also define some serious adverse reactions that are extremely rare: sleep driving, cooking, eating or cleaning.
Liquid Alprazolam is definitely a perfect choice for those, who have trouble swallowing, yet need to experience the same relief as patients, who take Xanax pills. If the remedy is taken as prescribed, there are no health risks and complications that can ruin body and life.