When you consume Xanax as prescribed, you are normally not regarded as one of the drug abusers. The one, who takes Xanax high dosage several times a day or takes the remedy in ways other than by mouth, is an abuser, who aims at obtaining the feelings of lethargy, euphoria or reduced inhibition. This all is called Alprazolam high effect.
Are High Alprazolam Doses Addictive?
In most cases they aren’t. The highest dose that can be prescribed to deal with anxiety disorder is equal to 4 mg. The maximum amount of the remedy for panic disorder is 10 mg. Yet every Xanax high dose is divided into parts that are to be administered during the day. Risks occur only when a high dose is administered at once.
Understanding Alprazolam Dependency
There’s a tendency for most regular Xanax users to develop tolerance to the effects of the drug. When low doses don’t bring the expected and wanted effects, a patient increases the dose. If it’s done without professional support and prescription, dependence develops pretty soon.
Psychological dependence is surely the reason for concern. Unfortunately, it is always accompanied by the physical dependence, which brings serious health complications and problems.
The Xanax high dosage is regarded as a tranquillizer or sedative that affects a user in different ways. The produced side effects typically add to the increased risks of health complications and can even lead to coma.
How is the brain affected? Along with many other benzodiazepines, Alprazolam is responsible for the reduction of brain activity to some extent. In several minutes a single pill provides relief and ensures calmness. A very high dose numbs the brain and makes a patient feel hazy, disconnected or muddy. The chemical is reported to impair coordination, distort one’s perception to unbelievably extreme degrees as well as slowing the reaction time. Some patients complain having memory problems and frequent mood swings.
How is the body affected? Multiple researches and studies have worked trying to find out how Alprazolam pills can affect the body and what scenario is the most severe. Here are some basic minor and serious effects to be expected:
- Lightheadedness and fainting ;
- Decrease in one’s blood pressure and hearing loss;
- Respiratory depression and drowsiness;
- Vomiting of blood;
- Face swelling and chest pain;
- Shaking and hives.
It’s said that a great part of the above-mentioned side effects appears in time. Some patients experience only few of them. However, there are reactions that get harder with time. For example, chest pain and breathing issues develop within the matter of several hours.
The only possible way to avoid complications is to start reducing high doses gradually. Alprazolam high dose intake is rarely approved, which means that the dangers it brings will require immediate medical help.
High Dose Associated Risks
When taken once, a high Xanax dose doesn’t lead to dependence and its effects, but it leads to potential risks. The NIDA (National Institute on Drug Abuse) has reported that the remedy of this kind leads to the changes in one’s brain chemistry. And, unfortunately, these changes are lasting. In most cases the changes make patients refuse from further consumption of the chemical, but when high doses become a habit, they cause the following health risks:
- Suicidal thoughts: they are provoked by really high doses. The chemical triggers the appearance of suicidal thoughts as well to the possible increase of the number of suicidal intentions;
- CNS depression: this is the case with extremely high doses. They cause the central nervous system depression that leads to the failure of one’s respiratory system, coma and death;
- Rebound effect: this is a rare case, yet possible. This is the intense return to the stages of panic or anxiety disorder that were supposed to be treated by now. At times the conditions can even get worse;
- Mood swings: it is true that Xanax is designed for calming emotions, but when the consumed amount is too high, it triggers mood swings and provokes the mood disorder issue;
- Cognitive malfunction: in other words – memory loss accompanied by the weakened skills to make any decisions as well as impaired motor skills. All these issues occur due to the excessive use of the drug.
Note: sometimes high amounts of the remedy lead to rather serious workplace accidents and relationship problems.
These effects result from high doses that are taken for therapeutic purposes. Yet there’s also a notion of Xanax dosage high. Recreational users may take a single 2 mg pill to experience high effects. Such effects aren’t supposed to occur in those, who have anxiety or panic disorders: the effects that they experience are associated with relief from annoying symptoms rather than pleasure from the drug.