There is a quite common pharmacological way of remedy consumption called sublingual. In case it is chosen, the remedy diffuses into the system and blood when under the tongue. In fact, today there are multiple medications that are specially created for such administration. Among them there are minerals as well as vitamins, steroids and cardiovascular medications, enzymes along with barbiturates. Can Xanax dissolve under tongue? Yes, surely. In fact, this consumption method is getting more popular these days. Then, why not follow it?
Basic Principles of Sublingual Consumption
When any chemical interengages with the mucous tunic that is under one’s tongue (it’s called buccal mucosa), it is easily defused via it. Why? The matter is that there is a connective tissue under the epithelium. This tissue is known for containing an abundance of capillaries. When consumed, the remedy diffuses into the capillaries. Then it enters the venous circulation much easier and faster. When compared to a regular intake, when any remedy is absorbed in the intestines, it firstly needs to pass metabolism and then to enter the circulation. That takes time that a person usually lacks.
What are the advantages of the sublingual drug administration? There are several of them:
- It’s a more direct way of consumption that allows the drug acting faster and ensure low risks of medication degradation before passing into one’s blood stream;
- Unlike with a regular oral intake, the solution should not strive to survive in the inimical sphere;
- The medications don’t affect the liver and don’t go through the process of chemical metabolism.
These are the reasons why Xanax sublingual is getting so much popular among users. Yet still, there are some other things to be known about the depressant under the tongue.
Why Choose Xanax Under Tongue?
Almost all depressants can be applied sublingually to provide outstanding effects. Alprazolam is perhaps one of the most appropriate nominees for this procedure along with morphine or clonazepam, LSD and MDMA. In most cases drugs are offered in the powder form. When it comes to Xanax under the tongue, the remedy may be used it a pill form, it’s not necessary to crash pills for proper consumption.
This way allows passing the chemicals to the blood and brain much faster, which is of top importance as the depressant has to affect the work of the brain to promise awesome results. This method can be restricted by supernormal salivation washing the solution down one’s throat. The taste may be unpleasant and some users find it too hard to hold a pill in the mouth till it is completely dissolved.
If Xanax is prescribed to children (which is done in extremely rare cases), the taste is the main factor that discourages them from putting Xanax under tongue.
Efficacy of Sublingual Alprazolam for Panic Disorder Treatment
We want you to pay special attention to the clinical studies that tell really a lot about the expected Alprazolam effects for panic disorder, if the medication is administered sublingually.
It is a known fact that panic disorder is detected in up to 5% of the world’s population. This is a problem for all world countries and nations. The aim of the conducted research was to compare the effects between the conventional as well as sublingual Alprazolam pills when treating panic disorder in its acute phase. The comparative study included 190 participants with/without agoraphobia. They were treated with conventional pills and sublingually.
The Alprazolam sublingual therapy option showed really awesome results. It led to a statistically substantial clinical amelioration in all patients and in all measures. The study lasted for twelve weeks, which is a very long period for Xanax treatment. The average dosage was equal to 1.36 mg daily. As a result, panic attacks became shorter with a much shorter extension as well as anticipatory anxiety intensity.
The treatment course was well-tolerated by all patients. It showed that Xanax under tongue is able to lead to effective results, ensuring safety along with great tolerability on the treatment of panic disorder in its acute phase. The sublingual way of administration showed advantages in all cases:
- It appeared to be more effective than regular administration way in more than 90% of cases of panic disorder;
- The maximum dose was not higher than 1.5 mg per day, which allowed reducing the severity of withdrawal effects in future;
- The medication did not affect the sexual sphere and didn’t lead to erectile dysfunction or loss of libido;
- The adverse events were rare, the main of them were sedation and somnolence that appeared in 25% of patients only;
- The panic disorder scales showed improvements in terms of baseline with p0.01 before & after sublingual Xanax;
- The life quality scale also showed improvement, when compared to the baseline values with p0.01 before & after the drug;
- No significant differences were showed by the ASEX score.
Xanax sublingual allows experiencing effects faster and longer. Its characteristics and properties are identical to Xanax regular use, yet the action onset is speedier. Today it is chosen by most users, who are interested in fast results.