Today you can hardly name a disease or symptoms that cannot be treated or eased down with the help of modern medicines. Different types of cures are prescribed at different cases. Thus, benzodiazepines are used to treat symptoms of anxiety caused by depression and panic attacks. Patients, who are suffering from severe pain attacks caused by different traumas and illnesses, take narcotic-type pain relievers.
In this article you will find a comparing review of one of the most effective drugs from these classes: Xanax and Tramadol.
Tramadol vs. Xanax Cases of Usage
Being a benzodiazepine, Xanax works as a regulator of special chemicals in our brains that are responsible for calming down. It is effective at the symptoms of anxiety and panic attacks.
Tramadol is an extremely strong pain reliever. It is prescribed for patients, who have to release pain caused by some serious injuries or severe diseases like cancer.
Alprazolam vs. Tramadol Precautions
Tramadol cannot be taken in the following cases:
- When a patient has breathing disorders.
- Patient has blockages in the stomach.
- Disease of liver and kidneys.
- If the patient drinks alcohol or takes drugs.
You should inform if you are taking any medicines against depression, mental disorders, headache and nausea. Mixing Tramadol and Xanax may cause a serotonin syndrome.
Xanax does not go well, if a patient has:
- allergy to benzodiazepines;
- long history of depression and suicidal thoughts;
- asthma or any other breathing disorders;
- liver and kidney diseases;
Give your medical history to a doctor, so that he could learn it and decide if the following medicines are allowed for you, and if yes, than in what dosages.
Difference between Xanax and Tramadol Pills` Shapes and Strength
There are four types of Xanax pills, three of them are oval and one has a rectangle shape. They all have imprints with a name of the cure and a number of milligrams of active elements.
- white oval, 0.25mg;
- orange oval, 0.5mg;
- blue pills of elliptical shape, 1.0mg;
- white rectangle divided into four parts contains 2.0mg of Alprazolam.
Tramadol is produced by a great variety of pharmaceutical companies under different brand names. Here are some of the most common:
- white oval pills with an imprint `93 58`; each one contains 50mg of tramadol;
- white elliptical pills with an imprint `R 714` have 50mg of active element in each;
- round white pills with an imprint `G TL 50` also contain 50mg;
- white round pills with an imprint `M T71 have 50mg as well.
As both of the medicines belong to a class that can be bought only with a prescription, it means that they are strong enough and incorrect self-treatment may lead to side effects. Generally side effects may be divided onto two groups: common ones (less serious) and severe type.
To the common side effects of Xanax belong:
- speech disorders;
- problems with coordination;
- feeling anxious after sleeping;
- weakening of memory.
Such symptoms usually do not last too long and appear at the beginning of treatment. Yet there are some more serious side effects that require immediate emergency help. These are:
- desire of suicide and hurting yourself;
- risking behavior;
- uncontrolled convulsions;
Most Common Side Effects of Tramadol:
- feeling of weakness and tiredness;
- diarrhea and vomiting;
- increases sweating and getting flushed.
Severe side effects include:
- decreasing of cortisol in the organism;
- loss of erection and libido;
- stoppings of breathing;
- women can get infertility;
- swelling of the face.
As far as you can see, Tramadol compared to Xanax has some more serious side effects. It means that patient has to follow the prescription strictly and do not introduce any changes into the treatment course without a doctor.
Addiction and Treatment during Pregnancy
Checking the CSA schedule you may see that both medicines belong to the 4th class due to the chances of getting addicted. It means that long terms of usage may lead to some slight physiological and psychological addiction.
There are no adequate researches about how Tramadol influences women during the pregnancy. Yet there are researches on the animals that show some negative influence on a fetus. The medicine belongs to the pregnancy category C.
It is known that Xanax is strictly prohibited to be taken during pregnancy. It may cause mutations, inborn illnesses and dependency of a newborn child. This is pregnancy category D.
No matter what you want to buy, Xanax or Tramadol, you will always be looking for more economic offers. The price at different drug stores may slightly differ.
The average price for Xanax stays around 2$ per one pill, yet it may vary due to its strength.
One pill of Tramadol will cost you 1.4$ if you are buying six pills. The more pills you buy at once, the less you will pay for one unit.